1/09/2009

I am pissed!



This is ridiculous. In the past I would look at stuff like this from a distance it wouldn't really affect me at all. But this struck a chord with me, and not a good one. There was no reason for that BART officer to pull out a gun on that guy. I mean the guy was face down on the ground handcuffed, what kind of threat could he really have been. It is the freaking BART!! I can't think of many crimes involving public transportation where murder is the appropriate justice. I don't care what that guy did whatever it was he didn't deserve to be murdered. I just looked up the officer's name and it seems that Alameda County has a history of cops shooting unarmed suspects.

The officer's name is Johannes Mehserle, clearly he was abusing his power and was a complete fucking idiot, when he pulled out that gun and fatally shot Oscar Grant III (the victim). What is even more fucked up is instead of being a man about it and going in when he was asked to speak on the incident this dick resigned!!! Way to be responsible for your own actions asshole. I am not a hateful person but I am just fed up with seeing cops abuse there power here in the US. I was always under the impression cops were here to "Protect and Serve" but it seems there purpose is to murder unarmed people in cold blood. I really hope that Officer Mehserle gets what is coming to him. And I am sorry that shit like this "accidently" keeps happening. I think city leaders need to start looking at situations like this and start training their police forces better, because from where I am standing it looks like any schmuck can walk in and pick up a badge and a gun and be shooting people in no time.

I was talking to my friend Landon about it and he said that's called "Shock and Awe". Which means police just kill random people to try to scare other people from committing crimes, instead of actually solving criminal cases and preventing further criminal acts. Landon even went so far as to show me several examples of "accidental" shootings in his city. I think this is one of the reasons I don't watch the news; well this and the fact that American news is fearing mongering garbage.

In other news I have meet a really cool girl recently, and I am sure that somehow I am going to mess this golden opportunity up, being the unsmooth guy I am. More on that later ^_^.

No comments: