1/31/2009

Are you going to eat the rest of that baby?




Ahhh I love how I can't ever resist anything. I am very easily tempted. I told myself I wasn't going to drink last night and I wasn't going to, but of course I found an excuse to drink, and so I did. I don't regret my decision to drink one bit. I got to drink with Brandon who I rarely see, and that was the reason for the season. Also Brandon's gal Amanda (Fitz as she is commonly called) is currently over in Spain freaking the hell out. He was telling me this and I remembered when I freaked out when I first got to Japan. The memories hit me so hard that I freaked out just remembering about freaking out. I gave Fitz some words of encouragement since I have been through what she is going through. Except I think my case might have been slightly worse. I had no one to pick me up at the Airport and if you ever fly into Tokyo and arrive in Narita airport it is MASSSIVE! Narita literally looks like it is half the size of the entire city of Memphis. There seems to be a million people running to get where they are going, and I was just kind of standing in the way pissing everyone off since I didn't actually think WHAT I was going to do when I got to Tokyo. I ended up having to catch a bus it took like 3 hours to get on a bus I thought might be the right one, and then once I got on the bus I didn't know where to get off everything was in Japanese. Looking back I have no freaking idea how I made it to where I was supposed to be. I wished I had someone to pick me up at the airport to help me out, but I got nothing. 

I am just going to dedicate this whole blog to Fitz. And say going overseas is the best decision you can possibly make it let's you grow up ALOT! I am not the same person I was before I left for Japan, and I like the person I have become. Everyday will be an adventure, and once you meet someone to show you around you will discover all the sweet things to do in your new host country. Including sampling the local alcoholic beverages ^_^.  I remember when I was going to go to a wine tasting festival in Japan, but I tasted a little too much beer before hand and ended up missing the whole thing. But most importantly being overseas forces you wayyyy out of your comfort zone. It's like having your body just held 3 inches away from the surface of the sun, as it sears an scorches your flesh. You have NO ONE to rely on it's just you and only you. No lifelong friends, no family nearby, no derelict zombie babies, NOTHING. So hang in there Fitz, and don't use that blank plane ticket I hear you have. You have it way easier than I did trust me, I couldn't even buy a plane ticket home from Japan I had to call home and have my mom buy a ticket in my name. So don't be a pussy man the hell up!

No comments: