10/22/2008

Insomnia

At the rock climbing place

Man trying to clean and pack is just as stressful as everything else, even more so considering I haven't really done any cleaning or packing. I have been having some pretty good weekends, decided I have to since these will be my last weekends in Japan for awhile. I went rock climbing and did Karaoke last weekend, and I ate a ton of ice cream. Also I went to this Indian (not Native American) restaurant called Spice Magic that was pretty good. I just wish I had found out about Spice magic sooner there was this Indian girl I talked with briefly at the Hanagasa festival a few months back, but I just thought she was a tourist that came to Yamagata to see the festival, I had no idea she lived here, and worked at Spice magic. And as you all (don't) know there are two things I love more than anything else sleeping, playing guitar hero, and Indian women. I got a bed and a copy of Guitar hero all I need is my Indian lover. A man can dream, but anyway I was at Spice magic and I ordered the "very, very, very, very hot curry" spice and all the japanese people I was with freaked the hell out, and said, "ohhh no not that one it's impossible!"

But I calmed them down and reminded them "I am outlaw" (as the police told me) so it's okay. We all had a good laugh but I think secretly when I said that they were all afraid I would flip out and destroy them like I destroyed that sign. So anyway we all talked while we waited for our food, which took awhile since it was a big group. The ratio would have been good any other time but not this one. Besides me there were only 3 other guys, but there were 8 ladies. Any other time I may have possibly been stoked but this time all these women were a hinderance to the real prize the Indian girl who was at the other side of the restaurant taking orders and darting about like some elusive mythical creature.

She had remembered me when I sat down giving me a big smile since she could tell I was shocked that she was here. And the entire time I was there we furtively caught each other's eyes. All the while I was day dreaming and exchanging these longing glances, 3 of the Japanese girls were asking me questions. I had no idea until one waved her hand in my face and said "hello are you in?"

This snapped me back to reality and I tried to remember what had been going on with the group I was with. But I couldn't think of anything so I just asked what she said before my mind slipped off into fantasy land. She had apparently been flirting with me the whole time I was gazing off into the distance, I wasn't sure if she was flirting because she genuinely liked me or because she wanted to impress her friends by showing them look I can flirt with a foreigner, my english is that good! But seeing as how her friends were flirting too I just figured maybe it was a contest or something. But anyway she asked me the same generic question I had heard like 6 million times.

Why come to Japan?
What is your favorite Japanese food?
Do you have a girlfriend?
What type of girl do you like?

I knew what they wanted me to say to the last question. Probably something along the lines of, "I like girls like you!" But as I was thinking about my answer my eyes meet the Spice magic enchantress and then I gave my answer. . ."I don't know I replied", but I knew pretty damn well what I like. Regardless the girl who asked the question giggled and said some shit in Japanese to her nearby friend I had stopped caring long ago, and I was pretty much a zombie to all the women in the restaurant except for Ms. Curry herself. Finally after what seemed like ages our food came, I got a larger than usual portion, and everyone took notice.

"you must be really popular here? They gave you soo much more food. And they arranged your food so nicely." I heard I looked closer at my plate and noticed that compared to everyone else's food that was just kind of slopped on the plate my food was meticulously set out. My Nan bread was set out to make 4 hearts which all pointed down towards my super spicy Cauliflower and Potato curry. Which isn't really that spicy at all, things that are EXTREMELY spicy to the japanese are like normal spiciness to me. Regardless of this everyone was like eat yours I want to see your face when you see how hot it is. Immediately some of the girls took out their cameras half expecting me to cry at the intense heat, but I took a bite and braced myself like I was about to die and then let my eyes get real wide to give them a bit of a show. Then they were like too hot? And I was like no it isn't hot at all. Then they all said "Sugoiiii!" Geez I hate that word I hear it way too much.

So the meal came to an end and i was being dragged to the next place with the group but I wanted to stay in the restaurant and perhaps order some dessert and talk with the Indian girl. But the group was like we can't do Karaoke without you. So I went to do Karaoke reluctantly. And I think that was maybe one of the few times I did karaoke without first having a crap on of drinks. So obviously it wasn't as exciting and I realized for the first time my voice didn't sound nearly as nice as I had previously thought. After karaoke I went home because I had to work the next day unfortunately or else maybe I would have went out drinking but it was okay probably for the best I didn't drink, that means more money for drinking this friday. Well I guess I will actually do a bit of cleaning now until next time people.

No comments: