5/28/2008

Japanese learning revisited

Judge the commercial for yourself. 

So I have been learning Japanese every day at work now for like 2 weeks and I had no idea what my ability is at!?! But just now I used a bit of it on Stickam.jp to talk to a few japanese people and I am actually getting better. Slowly but surely I am learning Japanese, it may take me 20 years but I will eventually learn a 2nd language. At first I was learning Japanese just to pick up the ladies but then, I figured screw that. That is like the worst reason in the world to learn a language. So that's why I quit learning Japanese for awhile. But then I got new inspiration from my phone company, or rather from their commercials. You see Softbank commercials feature this black guy, who people here swear I look like (although I deny such claims vehemently). So he says like 1 or 2 lines in Japanese and he is freakin' famous. So I figure if he can say "よそがい です" and be famous here then I can say something equally as dumb and get equally as famous. And that ladies and gentlemen is the current reason I am learning Japanese. So hopefully when I do get around to living in Tokyo I can march up to the office of one of these phone companies and demand a job. And maybe some M&Ms. Hey I love those little chocolate delights, don't judge me. So for now I am going to eat this Japanese sausage I am making. No, not like that.

No comments: