11/13/2008

The freedom of being flightless



Before I start this blog I wanted to post this video. I haven't seen this video since I was like 18 and I was a freshmen in college. It all seems so long ago now. But anyway I thought this video was lovely and very well done with a very poignant story to tell. I thought about this video when I was talking to Cherry my french friend. Unfortunately for some reason she couldn't see it but I could and it was just as good now as it was when I first saw it. It also reminds me of a book I read called Giovanni's Room while I was in Japan, I won't spoil the book but I will say you should give it a read it's quite short.

So last night I was expecting a pretty big night downtown I have no idea why but I was. The night was pretty average not saying that is necessarily a good or bad thing but rather just a thing. The night wasn't entirely uneventful though I saw Steven Seagal and got his autograph. He asked me "which of his movies is my favorite?". To which I replied, "ummmm. . ." because I have never seen any of his movies. I just got his autograph because it is like a novelty item I can show people at parties or something. Nothing like the autograph of a ridiculous B movie actor to please the masses. Well I don't want to like completely rag on Steven Seagal, because that is just plain ignorant of me since I have never seen any of his work. He may actually be a good actor but until I see some of his movies I will continue to wonder what random things occurred that made him an actor. 

So earlier today I asked myself what should I do today? My choices were to either go to the gym or try to go out and party or something. The uncertainty of partying after the previous night tipped the scales for going to the gym. So I am driving to the gym and I see two members of the Memphis Fix crew riding down Union Avenue. In my eyes these two guys are the real celebrities of the week. I instantly get extremely happy at seeing them and extremely sad. I was happy because I want to meet them soon and go on rides with them. But I was sad because I still have yet to receive my front Aerospoke wheel. Actually right now I am beyond sad I am starting to get irritated and angry about the whereabouts of my missing front wheel. I feel like a bird with a broken wing right now. I have a one-wheeled fixie which is such a sad sight. So sad that I had to put my bike in my garage; because every time I see it I think of how I could be free again riding through the city going nowhere and just riding for the love of it. So when I ran on the treadmill at the gym I imagined that I wasn't running but rather riding on my bike with the wind blowing in my face, but when I opened my eyes the illusion faded. 

And to make thing worse when I got home my bike lock was here, that pissed me off even more because I literally bought that lock online like on tuesday and it's already here! Meanwhile I sent my bike wheel to myself like weeks ago and haven't gotten it. Ughh I am just frustrated right now at things. That wheel better be here tomorrow or I will fly off the handle into a bloody rage. Well here's to hoping it comes.

No comments: